Friday, January 28, 2011

The Road Less Traveled

This is not the first time I have tried to coupon. The last time I found it time consuming and not really saving me money over just buying store brand. I also had a 2 month old baby, so probably not the best time to start such an endeavor. Now that she is 2, I started looking at it again with some depth. Also, this time I did a lot of research before I got started.


Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a homebody and a miser, okay maybe I'm not unhappy and miserable but definitely a penny pincher. When you don't go places you don't have to spend money. I'm in the process of adjusting my mindset that the more I shop, the more I can save. The key is to not buy anything you would not have previously, of course unless it is FREE! :)


My first weeks results - January 16-22:
Publix - spent $45 for $85 worth of groceries
Kroger - spent $75 for $130 worth of groceries.


Deals of the week:
20 FREE colgate toothpaste (retail price $39.80)
120 Huggies diapers for $16.16 (retail price $34.28)


Current Goal - Stay on current shopping budget, while stockpiling items we use on a regular basis so we can spend less on grocery budget.





No comments:

Post a Comment